Shaun

Shaun

Hi to all, I have been lurking on RuneList since around Christmas time and thought I would conclusively register an account...

I am Shaun, I recently turned 26 years old, and I from from the United Kingdom. I am currently engaged, but hoping to be married once Covid-19 dies down, and I am a father to one pulchritudinous girl, who is turning 2 years old this May. I am an associate director for a global real estate - I actively lead the team and champion customer accommodation and innovation. I work with the client, customers and my peers to provide strategic property management, leading and incentivizing a client-focused team with the challenge of perpetuated further enhancing customer accommodation distribution. In my spare time, I relish watching movies (huge movie fanatic - you name it, I have seen it), exercising and going on long walks/adventures (my fiancée and I authentically recently consummated a marathon walk, which is 26 miles/41.8 kilometres), and last but not least, I also relish gaming.

I have been playing RuneScape on and off since 2004 - I authentically recently returned to Old School RuneScape with a fresh account, I am currently going for the quest cape (I shall engender a progression thread), and I have been around the RuneScape Private Server scene since 2007. I have played more and held more staff positions on them than one can count. Currently not playing any RuneScape Private Servers, however, the most recent was Zaros, and my all time favourites being the original CrisisX, Silab Garza, RuneMyth, PwnXile, DeadlyPKers, Runique, and Alora.

Anyhow, I shall leave my introduction at that. If anyone has any questions, you are more than welcome to ask away - as long as congruous, of course. See you all around!

• Positive 3

Awards / Achievements

Hey Shaun! Good to see you came out of your shell a little, haha. Glad you decided to introduce yourself to us, pleasure to meet ya! If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up 🙂

• Positive 1

21 minutes ago, Gob said:

Hey Shaun! Good to see you came out of your shell a little, haha. Glad you decided to introduce yourself to us, pleasure to meet ya! If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up 🙂

My pleasure to meet you too, Gob!

Awards / Achievements

12 minutes ago, Sander said:

Welcome Shaun! 

Much obliged, Sander! A shipshape website you got going on here, I am looking forward to seeing what is to come in the foreseeable future. 

• Positive 1

Awards / Achievements

16 hours ago, Nes said:

RuneMyth! That was legendary, I loved that server so much.

Welcome to RuneList! 🙂

Hey, thank-you! What was your username on RuneMyth?

Awards / Achievements

1 minute ago, Nes said:

Luckyluuk23, and yours?

Remotely rings a bell. I had several accounts/usernames, I am trying to remember which one I was known on, as well as held the forum moderator position on. I will get back to you if it comes back to me! RuneMyth was an enjoyable RuneScape Private Server with a great community, such a shame about the DDoSers and duplicate methods back then.

Awards / Achievements

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Remotely rings a bell. I had several accounts/usernames, I am trying to remember which one I was known on, as well as held the forum moderator position on. I will get back to you if it comes back to me! RuneMyth was an enjoyable RuneScape Private Server with a great community, such a shame about the DDoSers and duplicate methods back then.

Yep. I remember when I accidently found a dupe as a 12-year old kid. I was afraid I would get banned if I'd tell a staffmember because I thought they'd think I'm a hacker 😂

I kept it super private but only two days later others found it aswell and milked out the dupe- within a couple of hours there were thousands of duplicated items.

Later the day of the exploit I got banned anyways, because I picked up a noted stack of godswords that I picked up at varrock square. Moderators checked everyone inventory with a command and right when I picked it up they checked mine and though I duped them myself. I had no idea how to explain it (English not being my native language and I was 12 years old). Fat rip.

Awards / Achievements

8 minutes ago, Nes said:

Yep. I remember when I accidently found a dupe as a 12-year old kid. I was afraid I would get banned if I'd tell a staffmember because I thought they'd think I'm a hacker 😂

I kept it super private but only two days later others found it aswell and milked out the dupe- within a couple of hours there were thousands of duplicated items.

Later the day of the exploit I got banned anyways, because I picked up a noted stack of godswords that I picked up at varrock square. Moderators checked everyone inventory with a command and right when I picked it up they checked mine and though I duped them myself. I had no idea how to explain it (English not being my native language and I was 12 years old). Fat rip.

Players would be rewarded a partyhat colour of their choice for reporting in a duplicate method, I remember an administrator - 'Loaded Gamer' was the username if I remember correctly...He would have players report them to him and he would end up being rewarded the partyhats...Very sneaky, hahaha. Loads of memories held to this day from RuneMyth. Did you ever play CombatScape and/or Dharoks? CombatScape was also owned by Divison - before RuneMyth, and Dharoks was another owned by Division - after RuneMyth. 

Awards / Achievements

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Players would be rewarded a partyhat colour of their choice for reporting in a duplicate method, I remember an administrator - 'Loaded Gamer' was the username if I remember correctly...He would have players report them to him and he would end up being rewarded the partyhats...Very sneaky, hahaha. Loads of memories held to this day from RuneMyth. Did you ever play CombatScape and/or Dharoks? CombatScape was also owned by Divison - before RuneMyth, and Dharoks was another owned by Division - after RuneMyth. 

Oh damn, Division! What a legend. I totally forgot what the owner's name was. I didn't play CombatScape as far as I know, however I can imagine playing a server called Dharoks.

I remember I got unbanned after a while by the way (when the dupe was patched) because they believed me since a 12-year old kid was begging on forums in his best English. 😂

Grinding for hours resulted in an Armadyl Godsword (which was like 1b back then) and not even two days after I achieved that I unfortunately got hacked but this time the staff members won't believe me and didn't take the time to check the player logs, sadly. 😞

Till today I have no idea how I got hacked- nobody knew my password, it was unique, I had never used it before and neither did I get RATTED or anything related to that. 😮 

Awards / Achievements

Welcome to RuneList, Shaun! It sounds like you have quite the busy, yet interesting work life. It's always a pleasure to see more bright minds joining the community! I'm a huge (self-proclaimed) movie/show critic myself, so I'm sure we could go on for hours on that topic. Feel free to hollar if you ever have any questions, feedback to give, or simply want to chat! 🙂

16 hours ago, Chanston said:

Welcome to RuneList, Shaun! It sounds like you have quite the busy, yet interesting work life. It's always a pleasure to see more bright minds joining the community! I'm a huge (self-proclaimed) movie/show critic myself, so I'm sure we could go on for hours on that topic. Feel free to hollar if you ever have any questions, feedback to give, or simply want to chat! 🙂

Thank-you, Chanston! We will most certainly have to get round to having discussions regarding movies at some point. 

Awards / Achievements

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Zigzag said:

Nice intro what is your favorite film? 

The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Godfather Trilogy, The Wolf of Wall Street, Gladiator, and many more. I have more than one favourite.

Awards / Achievements